25 May 2016

KIDS HOLIDAY COOKING CLASSES

Ola everyone!

In my cooking and teaching career, I receive many emails, mother's on behalf of their children, husbands for their wives, women and men for themselves and young adults for themselves. Some husbands say that they couldn't take it anymore. We eat out all the time, if we do eat at home, the food is out of the can or package and the saddest part is, "our 2 year old" is eating the same stuff. Mums call and say "I can't stand it any longer, "My kids are idle, stubborn and sit around on the internet all of the time, please, please, bring back your classes or at least run some holiday classes"! Young adults write and say "I want to be independent, now that I'm working, I can afford it"! Some wives say "I'm sick and tired of cooking the same thing day in and day out". Well, blame is such a useless waste of energy, it's another powerless act, don't you think?

You see, these classes are available all year long but nothing can change if we don't take action. Mothers and Fathers, today, we have the opportunity to raise our daughters and sons to be who we say we want them to be. If we do the things we say we want then there is an excellent chance that our children will grow into people we admire and want to have as friends. Self fulfilled and successful.

Cooking is really much more than what we choose to know about it. Apart from the "science and math" that we have to apply while we act on it, it's a constant learning ground. We become expose to timing, how to use appliances (not just buy them and keep them high up on your designer cabinets 😜), to keep and take stock of food and provisions, how to entertain, the not so glamorous bits of how to prepare, clean, wash up and put stuff back to its proper place and how to be creative. By creative, I mean by making full use of what you have and not just what we can present. At the end of the day and most importantly, your child will learn to choose activities that are productive and result oriented. 

This is what my son said to me this morning. " I feel cooking is like a paradox. Here you are like a God in the kitchen and then out of the blue, you make one small movecreator"!




Call me quickly.

Love and Peace, Jen

1 comment:

  1. One place that you will find these wonderful deals is in kitchenware online reviews. These reviews are written by people that have actually bought the item before and can give you a lot of great information about it. Source for more about best griddler.

    ReplyDelete